GDF SUEZ Energy International, the world leader in independent power generation, operates in six regions of the world and more than 30 countries, with over 10,800 employees.
GDF SUEZ Energy International, a global leader in electricity generation
GDF SUEZ Energy International is one of the world’s leading independent power producers, with more than 76.9 GW capacity in operation and a significant portfolio of projects under development. GDF SUEZ Energy International also has interests in closely related businesses such as LNG terminals, natural gas distribution operations, retail sales and seawater desalination.
Energy International at a glance
- Over 10,800 employees around the world
- Capacity of over 76.9 GW in operation
- Presence in 30 countries
- World leader in independent power generation with an attractive and diverse range of assets
- High level of exposure to the fast growing markets of Latin America, the Middle East and Asia
- Sound position on free markets – UK and US
- Good balance in terms of markets, fuel mix and types of contract
- Proven experience in developing, constructing and operating large-scale energy projects and systems
An expert, varied range of energy services and products
The sphere of activities that Energy International cover includes:
- electricity generation and transportation,
- steam production and distribution,
- desalinated water production,
- natural gas distribution and transportation,
- LNG import and regasification,
- electricity and natural gas sales and trading,
- energy services for industrial, commercial and institutional customers and distribution companies.
The main strengths of the Energy International Business Line
GDF SUEZ relies on its 40 years of international experience to strengthen its leading position in target markets, with strong growth potential. It stands out particularly as a global leader in managing large-scale infrastructure projects, including hydroelectric dams in Brazil, electric power stations and desalination plants in the Middle East.