Research and Technologies
The success of GDF SUEZ relies on its innovative capabilities. In the process of engaging more effectively in the energy transition and anticipating future market demand, technological innovation enables greater control of energy consumption and generation. Controlling the environmental impacts of its business activities and developing a culture of innovation within the Group are central commitments for GDF SUEZ.
Innovation, a strategic GDF SUEZ mainstay
Innovation is a core value of GDF SUEZ. The Group is undertaking a major research and innovation effort with a view to:
- Meeting market requirements by offering continuously improved services
- Developing technologies and services that respond to the challenges of tomorrow
The Research and Innovation Department
The Research and Innovation Department sets and guides the Group’s Research & Innovation (R&I) strategy.
It is responsible for:
- 5 corporate prospective research programs in three priority areas
- The generation of carbon-free energy that emits no carbon dioxide (CO2)
- Smart management of energy and cities
- The gas chains of the future
- The prospective and exploratory research required to evolve technological solutions for energy and the environment
- Technology monitoring to identify emerging technologies and provide input for exploratory projects in areas such as syn-methane and nanotechnologies
5 research programs
6 exploratory projects
Key figures for 2013
More on the same topic
What exactly is a smart grid ?
The energy efficiency is a priority for all, to consume less and better. While innovating GDF SUEZ wishes to assure a service…
Today, is it possible to store renewable energy?
The storage of the electricity produced from renewable energy sources is an issue of the energy transition, because these…
2nd generation biomethane : a business of the future?
Also called green gas, biomethane is produced from animal or vegetable organic matter gas. In 2020, GDF SUEZ wishes to establish…